[support] Normal search box form is send only there is #type => submit

Davide Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli michel at ziobudda.net
Fri May 30 12:27:32 UTC 2008

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo ha scritto:
> I think FAPI does some check on the existence of a '#type'=>
> 'submit'.
> Furthermore to get the onClick event you don't have to wrap an anchor
> around the button you'd just have to add attributes to the form
> element.

an anchor around the button ???
I don't have an anchor around the button. I want to eliminate the button
and leave only the "<a href....> >> </a>" (or imagine a GIF). I can
delete it via unset but then the form does not works. So I can delete it
via CSS (display:none), but I ak myself why this. I think that there is
some type of check, too.

> Beware of the document.getElement... I'm not a js guru but it may
> not work on all browsers (the DOM is not the same in IE/ffox), you'd
> need a wrapper. I think all the JS goodies that comes with drupal
> should have one.

The code is not tested in IE (for the moment is only a test).

> Actually... if you dig into jQuery you may discover there is already
> something ready to do exactly what you'd like in a more drupalish
> way.

Do you know some exact url ?

M.

Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli                       michel at ziobudda.net
Consulenza sistemistica in ambito OpenSource.
Sviluppo applicazioni web dinamiche (LAMP+Ajax)
Telefono: 0200619074
Telefono Cell: +39-3939890025 --  Fax: +39-0291390660

http://www.ziobudda.net                         ICQ: 58351764
http://www.ziobuddalabs.it                      Skype: zio_budda
http://www.ajaxblog.it        			MSN: michel at ziobuddalabs.it
						JABBER: michel at gmail.com