[support] Menus Won't Display Properly

David Rothstein drothstein at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 00:17:58 UTC 2008

Belated reply, but maybe this will still be helpful.  I noticed that
you are using code like:
'access' => user_access('regular'),
as the access parameter for your menu items.  The user_access()
function takes a permission as input.  So in order for this code to
work correctly, you would need to have a permission called "regular"
defined on your site, and you would then have had to assign this
permission to the appropriate user roles.  Did you do either of those
things?  If not, that would explain why regular users cannot access
your menu items.

The reason I ask is that permission names normally would be phrased
more along the lines of "access regular menu items" rather than the
single word "regular"... so it looks to me like maybe you are sending
the name of your role into the user_access() function?  If so, that
won't work.

As for why you see different behavior for resource-center/reg-assoc
and resource-center/affiliate when logged in as the admin user, that
I'm not immediately sure about.

Hope this helps,
David Rothstein