[support] Getting to the base URL

tim fong tyfong919 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 23:10:46 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm pretty new to this, so, this may be a dumb question.
I cannot get to the index.php page to finish my install.

I am trying to install Drupal 6.6 on RHEL 4. I have Apache 2.2, PHP 4.3.9
and MYSQL 5. I have verified that Apache, PHP and MYSQL are all running.

index.php is in:
/var/www/html/drupal

I am trying to set up Drupal to run on my intranet. Once I go to
http://localhost/drupal/index.php , I see this error in my browser:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /drupal/index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any ideas?  I've verified that that the directory is owned by the same user
that is running the webserver.

Thanks,
Tim