[support] College Website Migrating to Drupal

Shyamala Rajaram shyamala at netlinkindia.com
Sun Nov 23 12:14:33 UTC 2008

Hi,

The below modules should help.

Organic Groups: http://drupal.org/project/og

Enable users to create and manage their own 'groups'. Each group can have
subscribers, and maintains a group home page where subscribers communicate
amongst themselves. They do so by posting the usual node types: blog, story,
page, etc. A block is shown on the group home page which facilitates these
posts. The block also provides summary information about the group.

Groups may be selective or not. Selective groups require approval in order
to become a member, or even invitation -only groups. There are lots of
preferences to configure groups as you need.

Groups get their own theme, language, taxonomy, and so on. Integrates well
and depends upon Views module

This tool is essentially a smart query builder that, given enough
information, can build the proper query, execute it, and display the
results. It has four modes, plus a special mode, and provides an impressive
amount of functionality from these modes.

 and CCK: http://drupal.org/project/cck

CCK, will help us create custom node types.

Shyamala

Netlink <http://www.netlinkindia.com/>  Technologies Limited

http://shyamala-drupal.blogspot.com/

  _____