[support] College Website Migrating to Drupal

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Sun Nov 23 14:31:51 UTC 2008

Jai,

Good luck -- you are getting great advice here. If taken on quite a
big/complex project, especially if you don't have a lot of Drupal
experience.

Given how complex the project is, I'd recommend developing a plan for
functionality roll-out in such a way that you you can launch without the use
of Organic Groups. I'm not criticizing OG. Bu it adds significant complexity
to the site -- demanding signfificant learning curve for admins and users
alike.

It would be better, in my opinion, if both you and your users could have
more experience with the new site before adding OG. Maybe it is an absolute
requirement --- but if not, I think you'll have better luck (and more fun!)
adding complexity over time instead of up front.

best,

Shai
Content2zero <http://content2zero.com>