[support] domain access settings and permissions

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Thu Oct 2 13:53:05 UTC 2008

I recently installed the domain access module on my wife's blog. She
wants two blogs, with some content shared. So this seemed like the
solution. However, I am having some trouble. I think it's either a
permissions issue, or its got something to do with the author settings
on her existing content. Anyway, this is what is happening:

We have three domains:
example.com
sub1.example.com
sub2.example.com

None of these domains shows any content (I get the default Drupal
'welcome' on all of them). If I visit her blog at blog/user/3 then I
have a message that the user has not posted anything. But if I log in
and visit the same blog/user/3 then I see all her content.

When I'm admin on sub1.example.com I am sometimes told I do not have
permission to do things. For example, I can configure all domain access
settings until I attempt to enter the "Batch Updating" tab. I am then
denied access.

When I'm admin on example.com I cannot view content assigned to an
affiliate.

Clearly, I am missing something. BTW, one of the first things I did when
I installed this module is change the publish status of all her content.
I sent it to sub1.example.com, where it was set to 'all' before.