[support] Mass Change Node Taxonomy

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 17 13:33:22 UTC 2008

Quoting Nick Young <nick_young at ncsu.edu>:

> Surely there has to be a way to do this: (Drupal 6)
>
> I have a bunch of nodes in the same content type, that all have the same
> taxonomy term applied to them. What i need to do, is update/change the
> term on all the nodes. I know i can do this individually, but what if i
> had 100 nodes....1000 nodes that i needed to change?
>
> Do i have to go to each node, edit, change the term, and then save?
> Surely not (i hope not).

Will all nodes with taxonomy foo change to taxonomy bar?
Do you have a need to keep taxonomy foo after the change?

> I've searched the modules and boards for answers, but none seem to
> provide the functionality im looking for. A comparable solution is the
> 'Mass Change' module, but that does not affect taxonomy settings.

You can do this in a batch operation but I don't know of a module that
has been created for you.  Check the api.drupal.org for node_load,
node_save and taxonomy_nodeapi.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/