[support] Issue with a Query that's running wild

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at growingventuresolutions.com
Wed Oct 29 15:19:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 4:15 PM, Allen Stern <allen at centernetworks.com> wrote:
> My hoster is telling me that the query below is processing 52 million
> records every time it's run.

It shouldn't be run very often...

> Any ideas on where this query is, what it
> does or how to fix it would very much be appreciated.

That's a query from Pathauto that is used to do the "bulk update" of
aliases.  It only runs when you do a "bulk update" which is a
maintenance procedure that should only be run if you change your
Pathauto patterns or install Pathauto on an existing site that had a
lot of content without aliases.

> I have not changed
> anything in the installation in forever.

Apparently you haven't ;)  The performance of this query was improved
in the version of Pathauto released on June 26th (my birthday, so I
remember it well).

Regards,
Greg

--