[support] Problems with i18n module

Sauro Cesaretti me at saurocesaretti.com
Thu Oct 30 14:14:55 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've got my drupal installation up and running.
I've followed the instructions to set up the Internationalization module
(i18n)
I need to build a multi-language site.
I've put the language selection in a region I specifically created.
Now, I've entered a page of content, called "
 <http://www.example.com/en/conference> www.example.com/en/conference
", and I have translated that to all the other languages, saving it as
"fr/conferences", "nl/conferences", etc.

Now, when I am in that page in English (but it is the same in all other
languages), and I want to change the language I'm viewing it, it happens
that the
language selection link do not report "
www.example.com/fr/conference
" for the French, or "
www.example.com/nl/conference
" for Dutch, and so on, but rather "
www.example.com/fr/node/33".
Thus, when I click on a link in the page in French (for example), obviously
the links don't work, since I've used relative paths.

How can I fix it?
It's a serious problem for me.

thank you very much in advance
Regards, Sauro