[support] Topic revisited: unselecting modules and losing data.

KOBA | Hans Rossel info at koba.be
Mon Sep 1 01:35:31 UTC 2008

Are you sure you lost data when you activated the module again? I got
this scary message also when deactivating the FAQ module, but the
content whas again there when reactivating it.

One module I saw the problem recently is taxonomy_html where the
blocks are reset to their default values and have thus no more region
assigned. Also any php visibility code you added is lost which is the
most annoying. Its a module which is a bit abandoned (last update
2007) and which I use on an older site.

I saw the same reset of blocks to default also with the tagadelic
module, but that seemed to be solved in the latest version of the
module.

Hans

On 8/31/08, Neil: esl-lounge.com <neil at esl-lounge.com> wrote:
> I remember we discussed this on the mailing list a few months back and I
> just had a clear example of it, thankfully on a test site.
>
> I de-selected the Audio module (remember, as we are advised to do when doing
> a major drupal version upgrade) and I saw the message:
>
> "The content fields table content_type_audio has been deleted."
>
> so this seems proof positive that following the official advise to deselect
> modules can harm your site and lose you data.
>
> Neil

Hans Rossel
KOBA Webdevelopment
Kerkstraat 228