[support] Views subquery?

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Mon Sep 1 10:10:57 UTC 2008

I want to construct a page that displays a number of nodes. Each node is
of a different type, as follows:

Node 1: Page content, by node id.
Node 2: The most recent node assigned to specified taxonomy term
Node 3. Page content, by node id.

This is an 'about' page that details a project (node 1), gives the
project's status (node 2), and explains the project's mission (node 3).
The first and third nodes don't get updated much, but the third node
needs to be the most recent update, with a history of updates viewable
elsewhere on the site as e.g., a category of blog posts, or some other
content type I may decide is more appropriate.

For the first and third nodes, I can simply pass ids as view parameters.
But I'm stuck on how to incorporate the second node. I guess what I'm
looking for is a way to do a view of views, or to create a view with a
subquery.

Ideas?