[support] Drupal 6 Modules

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Mon Sep 15 01:32:25 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was just
> wondering if I am correct that if my site requires CCK image fields
> and it is a busy and active site, then there is really no possibility
> of upgrading to D6 right now.

I'd say that's mostly accurate. Upgrading a live site right now is a
gamble.  Everything may work fine or you may have lots of problems and
have to spend some time elbows deep in the database to fix things. I
was working on a site this past week that had a little bit of the
latter case during a Views/CCK/Date/Calendar upgrade from Alpha
versions to more recent versions but that was a known risk when the
site was created.

If you want to help those modules get ready for final release I
suggest trying to upgrade a test copy of your site to D6 and
thoroughly record/report any bugs you encounter and helping to test
any issues in the queue of the modules that are "patch (code needs
review)" so that you can help the maintainers get the modules
finished.

Best regards,
Greg

--