[support] Drupal 6 Modules

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 15 12:08:43 UTC 2008

Quoting Greg Knaddison - GVS <Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com>:

> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Fred Jones
> <fredthejonester at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was just
>> wondering if I am correct that if my site requires CCK image fields
>> and it is a busy and active site, then there is really no possibility
>> of upgrading to D6 right now.
>
> I'd say that's mostly accurate.

Yes, most accurate.  My experience upgrading from 5.3 to 6.4 was less
than impressive.  Fortunately the experience was with a site I was just
getting set up.  Very few modules were installed; but those that were I
uninstalled them and tried to upgrade.  The upgrade process gives 4 or
5 SQL issues and that is before I hit the upgrade button.  I.E. the
upgrade.php does an upgrade before you give the OK to upgrade.  Once
the upgrade was ``complete'' with errors the site just didn't function
so I dropped all the tables and reset with the original.  I'll blog it
somewhere soon, create a copy of my site and begin again to try to
debug the issues.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/