[support] Beta versions

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 17:00:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 8:47 AM, janni frento
<freeknowledge4all at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it adviseable to use beta modules, developer and alpha version on a live
> site?
> I have professionals set up a web site for me and they use modules that are
> beta, dev. and alpha.

Generally you should use releases officially tagged as stable by the
maintainer, especially if you don't know much about the development
work going on for that module and the skills and habits of the
maintainer.

But in reality there are many cases of unstable modules officially
tagged as stable, and modules where a dev release is the most stable
one. A good site developer would have done the research and should
know better, so judge by the results.