[support] Administer access control permission

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Fri Sep 19 14:01:11 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a Drupal role called "admin" which can do most admin typical
admin tasks on the server (block users, administer various settings,
etc). I need to allow these users to change the role of other users.
There are too many users and I don't want to administer the roles all by
myself.

I found one way to do this: I gave the "admin" role the "administer
access control" permission in the user module. BUT this permissions also
lets this role access several pages which I would prefer them not to access:

* Access control: admin/user/access
* Access rules: admin/user/rules
* Roles:  admin/user/roles
* Taxonomy access: admin/user/taxonomy_access

Is there a way to give some users the power to change another user's
role without giving them access to all those other pages?

Daniel.