[support] Organic Groups: Notifications Module Integration

Moses Elias iom at netvision.net.il
Wed Apr 1 12:05:59 UTC 2009

I am using Drupal 6 with Organic Groups. Authenticated users have the
ability to create groups as well as subscribe to them.

I want the following:

1) group owners to receive a notification message when new members are
added.
2) new messages posted to the group to be automatically broadcast to group
members when new messages are added.

I understand I should use the Notifications module, but the notifications
module requires that the mimemail module be enabled. However, the mimemail
module for Drupal 6 is only a dev version. And it is not working. No email
is being generated when: 1) new posts are submitted.

Also, I don't know where to enable a group owner to receive a notification
message when a new subscriber joins his group, although I believe this
feature can be enabled somewhere.

I'm wondering if there is any way of getting around these problems?

Any suggestions of combination modules that might do the trick?
Triggers/Actions, or other?

Moses