[support] Student Newspaper on Higher Ed Drupal Site

Brian Shumate shumatejb at appstate.edu
Thu Apr 2 19:22:25 UTC 2009

Hey Gary,

For what it's worth, you might have a look at ProsePoint (www.prosepoint.org
) - they've built a custom version of Drupal using an installation
profile and some custom modules that delivers an interesting solution
for newspaper-style sites.  Maybe you cannot use it "out of the box",
but it looks great for ideas and inspiration.  I am using it for a
personal project.

Whatever solution you settle with, I'd like to hear about it, too. :-)

Regards,

-Brian

On Apr 1, 2009, at 11:36 AM, Gary Broyhill wrote:

> Our student newspaper is dropping their print edition and they've
> approached me about doing the paper online using Drupal. I think
> it's a great idea, and would like to ask if anyone has done this? If
> so, feel like sharing tips, experiences, handy modules, pitfalls,
> etc? Thanks!
>
> Gary Broyhill
> Webmaster
> Lenoir-Rhyne University
> www.lr.edu
> (828) 328-7379
> broyhill at lr.edu

Brian Shumate
Office of Web Communications
Appalachian State University
Boone, NC 28608-2153
+1 (828) 262-7963
http://www.appstate.edu

This e-mail and any attached files may contain confidential,
proprietary and privileged information.  Unauthorized disclosure or
use is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email from your system
without making any copies.