[support] Random Display of articles

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Fri Apr 3 10:59:17 UTC 2009

Ram,

"Random" is not an attribute like "ascending/descending".

Rather... it is its own field to sort or on. Click on the drop-down for
adding another field to sort on... go through the list slowly and you'll see
"Random" as a choice.

You might, if I remember correctly, even be able to set ascending/descending
as an attribute after you have added Random as a new sort field. That, of
course, makes no sense and it makes no difference what that attribute is set
to.

I needed help in a similar situation as well; it really is counter-intuitive
for "Random" to be a field to sort on. But we do love Views, so we'll take
it with its warts.

Good luck,

Shai

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 6:25 AM, ram prasath <ramprasath_explicit at yahoo.co.in