[support] Random Display of articles

ram prasath ramprasath_explicit at yahoo.co.in
Sat Apr 4 03:57:20 UTC 2009

Shai,

  Thanks a lot ..

regards
Ram

--- On Fri, 3/4/09, Shai Gluskin <shai at content2zero.com> wrote:

From: Shai Gluskin <shai at content2zero.com>
Subject: Re: [support] Random Display of articles
To: support at drupal.org
Date: Friday, 3 April, 2009, 6:21 PM

Ram,

You are welcome. And it was Pavan who first answered, I just picked up from him.

FYI -- For anonymous users, if you have caching turned on... I'm pretty sure this approach will not work like you expect it to. The query runs, it picks a random choice... but then then the whole page is cached and presented to non-authenticated users the same way every time (refreshing page makes no difference) until you change something on the page which causes the cache to be overwritten or until you clear the cache.

For logged-in authenticated users I'm pretty sure it will work as you are expecting it to.

Best,

Shai