[support] cacherouter file engine + views + og

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Mon Apr 6 14:55:37 UTC 2009

I ran into the trouble that after a certain point I had enough modules
to make admin/build/modules completely inaccessible under D6. I found
this issue pretty well documented, and followed the best advice I could
find; which was to install CacheRouter. I did this, and set it to use
the file engine. Immediately, all my og-related views were gone.

I've tried this on a fresh install, as well. I got the same results. I
tried uninstalling both views and og, and still there are no og views,
nor are any of the handlers for og available. Changing the cache engine
back to 'db' makes those views available again.

I need to do one of the following, but don't really know how:

1. Limit file cache to the tables affecting admin/build/modules
2. Set views / og (which is causing the problem?) to use db engine while
everything else uses file
3. Fix views / og to use file cache properly.

So which is causing the problem? My guess is views, but how do I confirm
this? And once I've confirmed it, what do I do to fix it? Seems like
this would be a documented problem, but initial googling turns up nada.