[support] Booking by random place and schedule..

Roberto Gorjão roberto at asenseofdesign.com
Fri Apr 10 00:48:30 UTC 2009

That's very interesting. I think you could do it yourself without having
to rely on prebuilt modules for the effect.

I would do something like:
- create a new content type centered on the hours of the days, each node
would be an hour. Other fields would be date, city, a single on/off
checkbox for the availability, another checkbox for the booking, maybe a
computed field to archive the user that will book that hour... Your
client would have to create one by one the nodes corresponding to the
hours and the days when he's available and assign to each a city. You
might want to explore modules like Node Clone to ease this task.
- create a view that presents this nodes by week, for instance using a
grid where columns would be days and rows the hours. You could create
also a view prioritized by city...
- create an action to unpublish the hour that has been selected by the
user, effectively booking it.

Other approaches are certainly possible. I am curious to see what Drupal
gurus answer to that.

HTH.

Roberto