[support] site configuration menu problem

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 10 12:20:17 UTC 2009

Quoting orthodox <trinitych at seed.net.tw>:

> my site is http://theological.asia/
> i installed the module *dfgallery but *latter i did not liked it so i
> removed it following the normal procedure, modules>uncheck> etc and then
> i erased the directory dfgallery from the sites/all/modules. in modules
> it is ok, does not show up. BUT IN THE SITE CONFIGURATION MENU , STILL I
> SEE THE DFGALLERY MENU , when i press does not show anything.
> i reinstalled it but using devel>reinstall modules, it worked but then
> the problem remains in uninstalling.
> i did devel>menu rebuild , the same result, the entry dfgallery remains
> in site configuration menu.
> i try to erase in the database but there is no entry, no table under
> this name.
> i tried to erase by devel>variables, but no dfgallery variable.
> i did empty cash , same result
> cron runs normally , every 6 hours.
> i have installed the module boost , works fine.
> please help me ,
> thanks
> *
> *

To uninstall the module you should deactivate it and then choose the
"Uninstall" tab and uninstall the module.  You need to put back the
module code before proceeding to the Uninstall tab.

However, not all modules behave nicely and you may need to manually
remove the menu items.  I don't know about the particular module and
after doing the uninstall step the items still exist you'll want to
raise an issue at http://drupal.org/project/issues/dfgallery.

--
Earnie
-- http://r-feed.com/           -- http://for-my-kids.com/