[support] Overriding page.tpl.php for node type...

Michael Prasuhn mike at mikeyp.net
Fri Apr 10 15:19:34 UTC 2009

On Apr 10, 2009, at 6:24 AM, Scott Matthews wrote:
> I’m not sure I understand your question?  I’m not using path auto or
> views.  I’m just typing in the URL:
>
> http://localhost/type
>
> And looking to access the page
>
> Page-type.tpl.php

You need to have a node created in Drupal first, with the path 'type'
before you can create a template for the node-type. You can add node
types to your site at admin/content/types. Alternately you could
create a new node, review the URL when you are done and if it is
example.com/node/1, then you could use the template page-
node-1.tpl.php for that node.

-Mike

Michael Prasuhn
503.488.5433 office