[support] Booking by random place and schedule..

Roberto Gorjão roberto at asenseofdesign.com
Fri Apr 10 17:46:37 UTC 2009

Francesco Baldini wrote:
> On Ven, 10 Aprile 2009 2:48 am, Roberto Gorjão wrote:
>
>> I would do something like:
>> - create a new content type centered on the hours of the days, each node
>> would be an hour. Other fields would be date, city, a single on/off
>> checkbox for the availability, another checkbox for the booking, maybe a
>> computed field to archive the user that will book that hour... Your
>> client would have to create one by one the nodes corresponding to the
>> hours and the days when he's available and assign to each a city. You
>> might want to explore modules like Node Clone to ease this task.
>> - create a view that presents this nodes by week, for instance using a
>> grid where columns would be days and rows the hours. You could create
>> also a view prioritized by city...
>> - create an action to unpublish the hour that has been selected by the
>> user, effectively booking it.
>>

> I already thought about this approach but it should be too long:
> Mon to Fri 8am to 10pm, he should create 14 nodes for 5 days, 70 nodes..
> and sometimes he stays 2-3 weeks in the same city

You could try to automate the nodes creation, either by a php script
activated by cron... or by an exterior piece of software like... I don't
know... iMacro on Firefox?
This module is still not ready for production --
http://drupal.org/project/date_repeat_nodegen -- but maybe you can work
out something from it.

Having the hour nodes created, it would be fairly easy to present them
in lists and provide some JavaScript functions in order to permit the
attribution of a city value to a group of nodes at the same time. As
your client's presence in the different cities is not a predictable
pattern, I see no way of doing it other than manually. You can only make
it easier. At least, that's the way I see it.

Roberto