[support] how to get HTML output from cck/text

sebastian inforazor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 19:18:17 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

Learning Drupal as I go with a project. It's been a very tough learning
curve, but I am getting close to understanding some of the main principles.

Currently I have a number of things I am trying to resolve, one of them
is this,

I have a CCK/text module installed and being used by a content-type,
with fckeditor installed.

I'd like the text field to output in HTML, but right now it converts the
HTML char into escape-char [so that the HTML is shown on the screen].

I can't seem to find where I turn this off...? So that it renders the
text-field as HTML.

Under field the text field's properties [under
content-type->edit->display->fields->manage] I only see:

* Plain text
* Filtered text

If I select Filtered text, I get an error on the content-creation page
for the content type in question.

If I select plain text, it converts all of the html to its HTML-safe
escape characters...

If I click 'display fields' sub tab in the content-type's sub edit
pages, I see in the drop down: 'default', 'plain text' and 'hidden'.
default and plain result in no chance of the output.

How can I stop the text field from converting the input into 'plain' or
'safe'?

Thanks for your time,

Sebastian.