[support] Can we make Drupal to use or display data from external application ?

Gaurav Khambhala gaurav at deeproot.co.in
Wed Apr 15 12:30:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

Here I will explain the case:
We have a perl based application which has all the business logic and
data into it. Can we make drupal to interact with it ? And get data
chunks out of it, display it inside Drupal.

i.e. we will require to see various reports generated by perl
application on that data inside Drupal.

What I can think of is,
- we can include IFRAME inside drupal pages or blocks.
- Make some web services so that Drupal can access it as a web service
client. But it seems very difficult to do.

Any other idea other than above so that we can use external
application's(in our case it's perl) data into Drupal.

My apologies, if I have not explained the issue enough.

Awaiting suggestions.

--
Cheers,
Gaurav Khambhala