[support] help with panels, node overrides and context

sebastian inforazor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 16:35:36 UTC 2009

Hello folks,

Gotten further in my project, but now I feel like I have painted myself
into a corner, and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I've looked through all the panels documentation and tutorials, but I am
stuck.

I have one panel which has two columns:

col1: list of node titles based on taxonomy term
col2: list of node details based on taxonomy term

When someone clicks on a node title or on a link in the node details, I
want them to see another panel for the node, but in my case, this needs
to be a node override.

I have made the node override just fine with /node/% and it shows a
panel just fine.

Where I am stuck, is how to pass to the node override a second argument,
so that I can still show a filtered list of node titles based on the
taxonomy term of the node that was clicked.

so, what my panel needs to show when node/% is clicked is:

col1: list of ALL node titles based on taxonomy term of SELECTED node ID
col2: the node view of just the current node ID

I "think" I have to do something with the context setting, but the
example I read on: http://drupal.org/node/213733 doesn't seem to be
relevant to this task.

I'm using Drupal 6 with panels 2 and the latest Views version.

Any guidance for which settings I need to change where would be really
appreciated.

Thank you so much for your help!!

Sebastian.