[support] help with panels, node overrides and context

sebastian inforazor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 16:52:50 UTC 2009

Ok, I found a solution!
:D

First I added some invisible fields BEFORE the title field, so that I
could reference the NID and TAXONOMY term.

Then instead of checking the box 'link field to node' I instead checked
the box: "re-write output of the field' and wrote in the text field:

<h2><a href="?q=product/[nid]/[name]">[title]</a></h2>

Made sure my panel was called:

path = product

And then loaded the left and right panel views for the appropriate
content and voila, node view + context relevant taxonomy loaded listing
in the nav menu... PHEW!

Hopefully this solution will help someone else in the future.

I'd love to see something like this in the tutorials of Panels 2 because
there are many pitfalls; I lost several hours just wondering why
arguments weren't being passed only to find out I was loading the
Would be nice if the Panels didn't even ALLOW you to load the Default so
that you are forced to make the RIGHT operation and make panel views for
all Views you want in panels... there are so many places to turn
arguments on/off and select different ways to read them, that its overly
complex trying to figure out where the combination of settings wasn't
working... anyways, just my 2-cents
:P
:)

Sebastian.