[support] [SEMI-OT] HTML TO PDF (drupal page)

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Tue Apr 21 14:47:22 UTC 2009

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 15:00:07 +0200
Davide Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli <michel at ziobudda.net> wrote:

> Hi all. I have a site. I want to give to the user the possibility
> to create a PDF file from my node pages. I don't know nothing
> about the content of the pages so I can not create a PDF template
> file. Does some know a good PDF TO HTML php library that support
> CSS ?

There is a module already available.
Never tried.
I had alternate fortune with what you can find already packed with
Debian... my main concern was that the stuff giving back the best
results was a resource hog.

http://drupal.org/project/print

Read the "caveats".
CSS support or UTF8 support: pick one.

You'd provide a print.css to hide regions you're not willing to
print.

If people were using Free software they would have cups-pdf ;) and
all you'd have to do would be to provide a suitable css to hide
unwanted regions.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it