[support] Help greatly needed (and appreciated!) - they should be the same! - why aren't they the same?!

Brian Choc bchoc at t4tcolorado.org
Wed Apr 22 18:27:19 UTC 2009

I'll expand on this a little bit.

Here's the code from your style.css file which established the header
styles:

#sidebar-right h2, h2.heading, .block h2{
	background:#027ac6;
	color:#ffffff;
}

This section, among other things, sets the background to blue and the H2
text to white.  However, as Tom points out, this is being overriden by the
anchor tag surrounding your titles, which brings in this style:

a:link, a:visited {
  color: #027AC6;
  text-decoration: none;
}

and also

a:hover {
  color: #0062A0;
  text-decoration: underline;
}

So you will probably want to adjust the colors for the hover color as well,
but of course only for the specific situations where this blue-on-blue comes
up.  If you're not familiar with the Firebug add-on for Firefox, you should
look into it as it's a great way to find out things like "where is that
color coming from?"  I'm not sure where your comfort with CSS is so I'll
just sort of stop here on the CSS stuff.

One other thing though: you're using the Garland theme and these styles are
coming from the /themes/garland/style.css file.  If you'll be doing any
substantial changes, you may want to look into setting up a sub-theme rather
than modifying the included style.css file because any installing a new
version of Drupal will overwrite your changes.  If it's just going to be one
or two little things (like this color change), that's probably not
necessary.  However, you will want to make sure you note your changes so you
can recreate them later when an upgrade is done.

Hope that helps, too,
Brian