[support] Importing Drupal users from one site to another with passwords

Sam Cohen support at newms.net
Thu Apr 23 18:15:15 UTC 2009

> Why not just use mysqldump?  The data should transfer for the password.
>  After all the hash is just characters.  If you really need a module, there
> is http://drupal.org/project/importexportapi.
>
> --
> Earnie

It's taking users from a D5 to a D6 site and while a mysql dump would
populate the user table -- I assume you mean just the user table --  if
there are any other modules hooked into user_save they would be skipped with
that approach.    I suppose I can test to see if anythings hooked into
user_save first.  Do you know if in Drupal 6 a user_save affects any tables
besides user -- not taking contributed modules into account?

 Also, that module you pointed out hasn't been ported to 6 yet.

Best,
Sam