[support] Can't add user in D6: illegal choice

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Thu Apr 30 07:32:38 UTC 2009

Update:

I figured it would be quick enough to just install a copy of 6.11 to a
pure directory, and try again.

Well, exactly the same thing happens.

I created a role called "special user", and selected it in the roles for
the new user which I called "spectest" (although I have tried other
names).

There are no modules beyond core default active in this copy.

I have tried deselecting the "special user" role, and the "notify user of
new account".  I have tried changing the username, and trying different
passwords.

"An illegal choice has been detected. Please contact the site
administrator."

Any thoughts?

Luke

 On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Luke wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have been a user of D5 for quite some time, but because a somewhat
> urgent project requires features which it doesn't have, I'm playing with
> D6.10 and filefield_sources.
>
>  I receive the following error when trying to create a user:
>
> An illegal choice has been detected.  Please contact the site
> administrator.
>
> Well, that's me, and I've not a clue.
>
> I did get the following error, while trying to add a node of a type I
> created.  The type has a filefield field associated with it, into which I
> had uploaded a file, and this happen on save:
>
>      * warning: array_merge_recursive()
> [function.array-merge-recursive]:
>        recursion detected in
>        /home/webusers/.../drupal6/includes/module.inc on line 473.
>
> I have no idea what factors might be involved here, as this is the first
> node of any content type which I have added, and the first user after the
> administrative account.
>
> I'll pull D6 and start from scratch if I have to, testing as I go, but I
> thought I'd ask here first.
>
> The modules at play are:
>
> advanced_help  filefield_paths    imce        transliteration
> cck            filefield_sources  mimedetect  views
> filefield      getid3             token
>
> Oh, the getid3 module is currently broken, because it can not find the
> main library on which it depends, on my Ubuntu system.
>
> Luke

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem."
- Ronald Reagan