[support] query different database other than drupal one

Justin Gruenberg justin.gruenberg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 09:42:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:45 AM, Gaurav Khambhala
<gaurav at deeproot.co.in> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Need to search/read some data(basically a search form which will result
> records) from a database other than drupal one.And display it inside drupal.
>
> Will following be enough ?
>
> http://drupal.org/node/18429 (db_set_active)

I'm not sure how well that works, hopefully someone more knowledgeable
will chime in.  But the Table Wizard  (drupal.org/project/tw) module
might help you out depending on your exact situation.  The module
exposes any tables in your database to views, which might make
implementing your solution a lot easier.