[support] Can't add user in D6: illegal choice

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Thu Apr 30 20:43:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Check admin/reports/dblog and filter for 'form' errors.  It should tell you
> which form and element is incorrect.

error|form|04/30/2009 - 02:19|Illegal choice 2 in Roles element.
LukeD

Expanded:

Type|form
Date|Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 02:19
User|LukeD
Location|http://example.com/drupal6/admin/user/user/create
Referrer
Message|Illegal choice 2 in Roles element.
Severity|error
Hostname|X.X.X.X
Operations

The first browser I tried this in had no JS support (links2).  The second
had JS support, but I'm guessing that it didn't quite have the correct
support (edbrowse--a scriptable commandline browser--waaaay oldschool, but
usually works better than the other textmode stuff available).

The third browser I tried was Pockit IE on a cellphone I had available,
and that worked to add the user.  I'm guessing that there is some JS
element at play here which is getting in my way, although why there should
be JS involved in a roles selection, I know not.

So while the problem is not solved, there is a workaround.  I would guess
that FireFox can handle this, but I haven't cracked open the laptop to
try it yet.

Any ideas on what might be going on?

Luke