[support] Cannot edit node after upgrading to Drupal 6

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 10:55:17 UTC 2009

Just a couple of things to try without knowing more about your site:
1. If you edit a story or page, can you save that or does this happen just
on certain nodes (ones with CCK added fields?)

2. If you have CCK installed, and enabled the new with D 6 content
permissions module, then you will have to go to Administer > User management
> permissions to grant permission to view and edit fields created via CCK.

3. You might also need to rebuild permissions in general. Unfortunately
there is no built in link to click on in order to do this. See discussion
at http://drupal.org/node/147961 ,  especially "you can create a php page
that calls node_access_rebuild()."

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar