[support] Access to CVS repositories behind proxy

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 12 13:30:56 UTC 2009

Quoting nitin gupta <nitingupta.iitg at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I am behind my college firewall, which provides access to internet via a
> HTTP proxy. The proxy allows acces only on port 80 and 443. Now I need to
> access the CVS repository to make changes to the files (add features, rmove
> bugs, etc). I am aware of the HTTP proxy supprt by SVN, though I have not
> been able to find anything for CVS. Can anyone please help me with this.

The only advice I can give is that you talk to your college network
team to open the cvs port into firewall.  SVN uses port 80 but there
is no way to use the SVN client as the CVS client that I am aware of.
You might want to search ``drupal +svn'' in google for some
interesting data.

--
Earnie
-- http://r-feed.com/           -- http://for-my-kids.com/