[support] Spam in page header

Alexander Arul alexander.arul at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 02:38:20 UTC 2009

A freelancer I once knew got a virus on his pc (sandbox). The virus editted
*all* his .php, .htm .html files and added this kind of spam to them. He
unknowingly uploaded the files to his host.

He had about 10 clients at that time, so you can imagine the mess and
stress. He had to wipe his pc and go through all that code with a comb.

So the point of infiltration may be your pc/mac itself. Don't assume it's a
hacker. I've been in web development for 3 years and never once encountered
a malicious hacker *touch wood*.

The possibility of your host getting hacked exists, but it's a slim chance
compared to a worm/virus on your machine.

Hope you fix it :)

Cheers
Alex