[support] Changing a Content-type Directly in the DB, Kosher?

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Thu Aug 20 23:51:52 UTC 2009

Folks,
I have a content-type with about 50 nodes that I want to split into two
content-types. The content-type has four cck fields including two
filefield/imagefield fields. I want to create a new content-type and change
the content-type of about 25 of those nodes to the new content-type.

The new content-type will only have 1 cck field which will be one of the two
filefield/imagefield fields from the original content-type. None of the
nodes that I want to change have any content in the three fields that I
won't be adding to the new content-type. For changing the content-type I was
going to do it directly on the db in the node table.

I don't see any bad consequences of this. But am I missing something?

Shai