[support] Newbie on Drupal 6.13 here. Which Views module should I use?

David Uctaa ductaa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 01:43:59 UTC 2009

I'm a newbie on Drupal.  I've installed 6.13 and have configured a few
modules, both core and contributed, getting my feet wet.  I'm wanting to put
together a social networking type of site, and Organic Groups seems like a
definite module I will need.  However, OG and many other modules seem to
rely on Views, plus I'm sure that I will want to utilize Views for many of
the things I want to do elsewhere on the site, so I figured I would get up
to speed on Views before I try to tackle OG.

My question is, which version of Views should I start with?  Views 1 or
Views 2?  And what would be the best how-to documentation or tutorial to
help me out with this?

I'm a little lost, so any and all help is greatly appreciated...

TIA,
David