[support] Token Authentication module does not seem to be working

Doug Coats dcoatshca at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 18:46:55 UTC 2009

I am using Drupal 6.13 and Token Authentication module 6.x-1.3.
My site is set up so that unauthenticated users can learn about our school
but staff, parents, and students can log in so that they can get detailed
information about upcoming events and other news items that only pertain to
people who attend.

I created an RSS feed to help keep our staff, parents, and students up to
date on new or updated items on our site.  I want them to be able to see
content in their RSS feed from the private side of our network in their RSS
readers even though they are not logged in.  Token Authentication looked
like just the right module.  I installed it, turned it on, turned on the
appropriate permissions, and it does not seem to work.  I can see the tokens
on the users account page.

I am using the following format to see the feed:

http://www.mysite.org/taxonomy/term/1/0/feed?token=1234567890

If I look at the feed in IE 7 I can only see the latest content from the
public side of my site.  If  I log into the site in another tab then I can
see the latest content from the private side mixed in with the public
content.  It is like drupal is ignoring the token.  I can see the token in
the page request in the apache files. I don't get any errors.

On the Site Configuration - Token Authentication page I have the following
"activate tokens on specific pages" set:

rss.xml */feed */opml *

I added the lone "*" hoping that would make it work on every page but to no
avail. My thinking is that the "*/feed" setting should all I need.

Has anyone else been able to get this to work????

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

Doug

P.S. I did install the token module, even though it is not listed as a
dependent, but
it did not help.
Does anyone have any ideas