[support] Pathauto, Views and Taxonomy Terms

Moses Elias (2) iom at netvision.net.il
Tue Dec 1 14:01:26 UTC 2009

I am trying to get Pathauto and Views to play nicely together and
display Pathauto URLs in tree hierarchy format.

I have a product Catalog, and I'm using the following basic tree structure:

Catalog -
  - Cars
        * Audi
         ** Audi 1970
         ** Audi 1972
        * BMW
  - Trucks
        * Tata
        * Volvo
  - Tractors
        * Caterpillar

Now through Views I've defined that the taxonomy term "Audi" for example
maps to hidden/6
and "BMW" to hidden/7 (using the wildcard pathname hidden/% path through
views), and Cars maps to taxonomy/terms/2 etc.

These view paths I'm calling through a menu.

The URL I want to eventually appear as follows:

    www.example.com/Cars/Audi - but instead it looks as
www.example.com/hidden/6.
    www.example.com/Cars - but instead it looks as
www.example.com/taxonomy/term/2.

Now Pathauto is displaying the Product node correctly in the form I
would have expected, i.e. www.example.com/Cars/Audi/Audi 1970 going down
the tree correctly etc.
But I want the higher taxonomy term levels to display their proper
hierarch correctly as well.

I've tried using the Views Alias module which is supposed to integrate
with Pathauto, but the configurable Views section doesn't appear as
shown in the example.

Please advise the right steps to use I can make the taxonomy term URLs
for view defined pages SEO friendly displaying tree hierarchy structure
through Pathauto?

Regards,
Mo