[support] How to make payment part of a user creation.

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 1 17:06:54 UTC 2009

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 Unai Rodriguez wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to set up a Drupal site where online services will be sold.
>
> A user can only exist if she/he completed a payment (i.e. we will not have
> free users). From my understanding this means the payment itself is a
> prerequisite to create a user; it is part of the user creation itself.
>
> I have looked at UBERCART. I have been able to install/configure and
> integrate it with my payment gateway. Now I have a cart and a user can
> "purchase". All that works fine... But I am kinda lost because what I want
> is to integrate this payment as part of the user creation.
>
> Could anyone let me know where should I start looking at?

I've done this using Paypal and hook_user.  The user data is created
in blocked state waiting on payment confirmation.  The payment gateway
is given a menu callback url that it puts the confirmed payment data
where you change the state of the user to active.

--
Earnie
-- http://r-feed.com/           -- http://for-my-kids.com/