[support] Installation issue on OpenBSD 4.6

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 6 18:53:43 UTC 2009

Most likely this is because of the "minimalistic" approach of *BSD. I
handle a couple of sites on FreeBSD and NetBSD, and you almost always
have to install items as extras that are supposed to be PHP defaults.
Most likely you need to get the php5-mysql port installed. If you are
using Drupal 7 then you need the php5-pdo and php5-json, and
php5-pdo_mysql ports also. If you want to do any image manipulation then
grab php5-gd. You might as well grab php5-curl also since there are
quiet a few modules that use curl.

And I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things. I always do when I deal with *BSD.

Yup I did - php5-session also LOL.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net