[support] Hacked or not

Steven Vermoere steven at vermoere.net
Thu Dec 31 00:12:37 UTC 2009

Meanwhile, I found the culprit:

On monday, I've had a malware on my PC. Suddenly, while visiting a website
(I do not remember him anymore), my java started working and I had a malware
on my PC. After 30 minutes, I managed to get it deleted from my PC, but the
harm was done.

I was using filezilla and there, the passwords are stored in a simple
text-file. This textfile has been sent to somewhere in Russia and then the
sites were hacked with that information.

30 minutes are already enough to do this many harm. Shame on me, because my
antivirus was complaining and I clicked Ignore instead of Heal....

Thanks everybody

Steven

  _____