[support] Cron problems

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu Dec 31 20:50:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Daniel Carrera
<daniel.carrera at theingots.org> wrote:
> Correction: I took a database backup from yesterday and I ran the same
> query and on that database you still don't see any cache_page entries
> with '%cron%'.
>
> I have no idea why running "php cron.php" doesn't give any output now.

Weird. The other common source of this problem is the cron_semaphore
which can get stuck in a weird state.

I suggest looking at your recent log entries admin/reports/dblog and
also browsing around looking at information related to cron_sempahor:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cron_semaphore

Regards,
Greg

--