[support] permission to create unpublished pages?

John Callahan john.callahan at UDel.Edu
Tue Feb 3 19:48:57 UTC 2009

I have authenticated users being able to create the "Page" content type
on my site.  That's the only content type they can create.  They are
allowed to edit/delete their own Pages.  The problem is when they create
a page, they do not have "Authoring information" or "Publishing options"
available on the node create/edit page.  I want them to be able to
create unpublished pages (when the page is eventually ready, they'll
mark it as published.)  To give them that ability, it seems I have to
grant them the "administer nodes" permission.  However, that gives them
the ability to create any content type, which I do not want.

Am I missing something?  Is this expected behavior or is my site screwed
up in some way?  It seems like a simple enough task.   Thanks.

- John

John Callahan
Geospatial Application Developer
Delaware Geological Survey, University of Delaware
227 Academy St, Newark DE 19716-7501
Tel: (302) 831-3584
Email: john.callahan at udel.edu
http://www.dgs.udel.edu