[support] image gallery

John Callahan john.callahan at UDel.Edu
Wed Feb 4 17:17:35 UTC 2009

I know there are plenty of options for creating image galleries in
drupal. I've used many of them.   Like most people, I'm interested in
simple, and like an increasing number of people, I'm not interested in
using the image module.  CCK, Views, Imagecache, etc.., is the preferred
way to go.

In the interest of simplicity, I do not want to give my users FTP access
to my file system, and I'd rather not require them to create a new node
for every image.  So, does anyone have suggestions for the following:

1) users can create the image gallery on one page/node, such as through
CCK Image Field or file uploads as attachments

2) the display of the gallery can be through Lightbox or something similar.

Modules like Galleria and Gallerix have potential. They may work with a
decent amount of CSS work and maybe some changes to the module code.

I love the method described here
(http://raincitystudios.com/blogs-and-pods/hubert/a-simple-ajax-image-gallery-system-drupal)
using CCK/Views but I can't get Lightbox to navigate through the
images.  Not sure if it's possible here.

- John

John Callahan
Geospatial Application Developer
Delaware Geological Survey, University of Delaware
227 Academy St, Newark DE 19716-7501
Tel: (302) 831-3584
Email: john.callahan at udel.edu
http://www.dgs.udel.edu