[support] CCK + Categories?

Marc Morris marc at cultmovieforums.com
Thu Feb 5 13:11:47 UTC 2009

Can somebody advise how I can run a conversion from one set of
(important) CCK fields into categories which would allow a user to
search on movie nodes in groups? I have tried to set up categories
but I don't see how I tie them in with CCK nodes.

Basically I've set up a new content type using CCK ("Movie") with
numerous fields. There are over 5,000 nodes containing "movie" data.

Some of these fields have keywords which I need to link to and
search, but I am unsure how to do this.

I also need to add an advanced search function to search the "movie'
cck but again I can only find the standard search block. This search
function would allow the selection of a "type" and then user input of
the search required in relation to the selected search criteria.

Can anybody help me with this?