[support] problem with instability of site

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 11:09:50 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 8:30 AM, Armin Medosch <armin at easynet.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> sorry for previous message which went out by mistake.
>
> I am using drupal 5.14 on a virtual machine with 512M Ram allocated
> (ubuntu server configuration). First the database and now apache toppled
> over, as it looks, because the system went out of memory.

You say a virtual machine, and yet later on you say your host does not want
you to install PhpMyAdmin... Which means you do not seem to have complete
control over the administration of your server.

So I would ask your hosting to update the lamp stack, first of all.

Secondly, you have one instance of the watchdog table being corrupted, which
happens. And a single instance of the Apache server crashing...

Keep monitoring after everything is updated.

Victor