[support] Can't uninstall imagecache

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 18 13:58:22 UTC 2009

Quoting Cog Rusty <cog.rusty at gmail.com>:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:18 AM, cooper Quintin <cooperq at cooperq.com> wrote:
>> Thanks,
>> I will try that, also I noticed an additional problem, any modules I put
>> in sites/all/modules aren't showing up on the admin/build/modules page.
>> So I think it may be some weird problem with my installation.
>

> This probably means that you are looking at the sites/all/modules
> directory of a different Drupal installation.

To control this for my multisite setup I always remove the sites
directory in the drupal install and then create a symbolic link to a
common sites directory.

Something like:
/usr/local/drupal/6.x/drupal-6.0
mv /usr/local/drupal/6.x/drupal-6.0/sites /usr/local/drupal/6.x/
ln -s /usr/local/drupal/6.x/sites /usr/local/drupal/6.x/drupal-6.0/sites

/usr/local/drupal/6.x/drupal-6.9
rm -rf /usr/local/drupal/6.x/drupal-6.9/sites
ln -s /usr/local/drupal/6.x/sites /usr/local/drupal/6.x/drupal-6.9/sites

cd /my/web/directory/mysite-1
mv htdocs htdocs.orig
ln -s /usr/local/drupal/6.x/drupal-6.0 htdocs
cd htdocs/sites
mkdir mysite-1
cp default/default.settings.php mysite-1/settings.php

cd /my/web/directory/mysite-2
mv htdocs htdocs.orig
ln -s /usr/local/drupal/6.x/drupal-6.9 htdocs
mkdir mysite-2
cp default/default.settings.php mysite-2/settings.php

If you're using Windows XP or better then instead of
ln -s source link
use
junction link source

Another thing you might consider for multisites is to create a tmp
directory in each of the sites/mysite directories and change the
temporary directory setting in the files admin page.

--
Earnie  http://r-feed.com
  Make a Drupal difference and review core patches.

-- http://for-my-kids.com/  -- http://give-me-an-offer.com/